Ellis Belk is committed to ensuring your privacy and maintaining confidentiality of any information you might provide us with. This policy explains how we use any information we obtain about you.
What data do we collect about you?
You can give us personal information by contacting us by phone, email or letter or by submitting your details though the website. Information can also be gathered when using other social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. As well as you giving us information, we may gather it when we are providing a service to you. We work closely with a number of organisations we trust (including business partners, companies we use to provide technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, debt recovery agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How do we use your personal data?
· to process and respond to requests and enquiries we receive from you;
· to provide services when you ask us to;
· to communicate with you about services provided to you;
· to process payments;
· to make sure our records are correct and up-to-date;
· for audit purposes;
· to improve our services;
· to stop someone committing fraud or to help authorities investigate fraud;
· to comply with something the law says we must do;
· to help us establish or defend legal claims; and
· to help third parties to carry out any of the purposes above on our behalf.